Saturday, August 7, 2010

Remembering the Last Month...



Wow... the summer whirlwind, the summer of rain, the summer of beautiful skies, the summer after Micah's Bar Mitzvah and before our trip to Israel. Micah and I leave for Israel on Thursday. Today is Saturday. Less than a week and I have finally gotten most of the bar mitzvah pictures up, but what about the week after with lots of family in town, rafting and fishing and hanging out... and what about all the other things we have done the last month with our friends, our floats down the Madison River, the Thursday night concerts behind the Hungry Moose on the new town center stage. The Farmer's markets on Wednesdays and all those disappointing losses by our wonderful but hapless New York Mets. Grandpa Stan says he won't watch them anymore it's too aggravating, spoken like a true Mets fan. All those thoughts that come in and out of my head, trying to prepare for our trip to Israel, lining up hotels, guides, things to do, and my currently very nervous tummy....

It has been quite a summer... not weather wise, but event wise. Event after event, so many things and having dad in town, seeing him everyday, in the store, coming in for his morning coffee, finding me at my desk with that ear to ear grin of his, his Mets hat, his Red Sox zipper hoodie, and his cane. Back later for lunch, or I stop by his condo for a break of my own, especially if there's a day game, or he stops by and I'm almost too busy to say hello, but he takes care of himself. Stops by later for lunch, or when I'm done for the day I pick him up and take him home with me for the Mets game and dinner, or if there is a concert near the store we make his condo home base, and cocktail there, and run back to his place when the thunderstorms role in, which they often have. And then there was the phone call to the store, "Mark Robin's house was just hit by lightning." Andrew got the call and called me. I was home and we are still not sure if it hit the house, but I was sitting where I'm sitting now at the kitchen table blogging on the computer when BAMMM! and the house simultaneously lit up. I looked to make sure the dogs where nearby and they were both by my feet. I stood up and walked around and everything seemed fine and went back to blogging, didn't even mention it on my blog - I'm sure I was loading bar mitzvah photos. 10 minutes later the phone rang it was Andrew. Are you O.K.? someone just called and said our house was hit by lightning. It might have been I replied, I think it just hit really close... everything seems fine. That's crazy that someone called the store, do you know who? He didn't know, but just yesterday I found out who called, but I haven't seen him yet. His friend who told me about it said, the house just lit up and glowed....

The Summer that glowed...
I guess first I should just look for pictures and describe.... starting with the days after the bar mitzvah and see how far I can get...


The raft trip down the Gallatin and the mad mile with family and friends Monday, June 28th...


I used to think of these 3 as triplets, especially with helmets on, but not really anymore...
The Bar Mitzvah Boy...
and his little brother
the Goldstein/Habers...
the kids...



Micah and I setting up his new fishing vest for his trip with his friends down the Smith River...


and now for photos of my day guiding brother-in-law Alex and Uncle Doug fly fishing on the Gallatin River on Tuesday, June 29th... Uncle Doug with the prize fish of the day, and Alex releasing his own slimy fish! And that's all for now... as Jackie has more photos for me - I'll never catch up, but that's O.K. as that is life...









No comments:

Post a Comment