Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Snowmass...

and so today a day that I really wanted to sink my teeth into creating the siddur for Micah's Bar Mitzvah became a store work day till 12:45? then my stop at the post office lasted an hour as I kept running into people, then talked to Jean about forwarding Dad's mail to Big Sky and getting him his own PO Box, then I ran into First Security to see Tom, then ran into Josh and visited with for awhile. Got home to make Jackie some lunch but she was asleep, still feeling sick, then my phone rang and the back of the house computer at the store was dead after a power outage, so after trying to trouble shoot it over the phone I realized I needed to go down to the store and figure it out. Jackie was awake at this point so I made her lunch and ran off to the store. Figured out that it was the surge protector battery pack that was dead, borrowed a surge protector from a neighbor, plugged it all in and presto it was working. Then back home to see if Jackie was feeling any better. Then off to school to pick up Micah and his soccer buddies. Fed them some quesadillas, then took Howie to the bike shop to shop for his birthday present, then back home just in time to grab Micah and friends and drive them to soccer practice an hour away, then back home at around 8:30 pm for a quick thrown together dinner and now time to blog...

So many details left out, all my conversations, with many different people, many different small acts that one does every day, it makes me think of James Joyce's Ulysses, I need to read that again and write about a day in my life in 2010...with all new millennium references... conversations with my Dad, brushing my teeth with my battery powered brush, the New York Mets, looking for Howie's baseball mitt, and now for our two nights and one day in Aspen...

April 18 -19, 2010

we arrived at Aunt Susan's house late at night, probably around 10:30 pm or so, and figured out our way in and how to press the right buttons to turn out the right lights... even though it was late we took a hot tub under the stars and then very tired from another long day of traveling to bed in this ultra modern automated house with giant beds...

in the morning we headed into Aspen where we walked the quiet off season streets, found a good latte place and finally a breakfast place still serving breakfast after 11:00 am. We walked the streets some more found some fun t-shirts and then Jackie discovered a sign advertising an indoor swim and fun center. The kids were into it so we ended up dropping them off and then Jackie and I took a hike along a closed road with some snow still on it towards the Maroon Bells. After our 3 hour hike we picked the boys up from the swim center where they swam, played air hockey and had fun, we freshened up and headed back to Aspen for dinner where we had a great meal at Bad Billy's, watching the Mets game in the mirror as the t.v was behind me, and just enjoying the only busy place in town... then we drove on back to the "Art House" where we almost figured out how to work the movie screen and ended up watching The Blind Side on the flat screen t.v. instead. Too late and too tired for a hot tub we all went to bed and slept and slept and slept. We made a late breakfast, sat around and read for awhile then packed everything up in the car and left for Moab...

the driveway...
the Maroon Bells...




At Bad Billy's...

The "Art House"






Howie eating edamame beans at Bad Billy's...

No comments:

Post a Comment