Monday, July 24, 2017

Adult Swim


There are people I keep close to my heart
many of those people show up at my doorstep
I have photos with all of them
I pray for my friends and family everyday
plus my community and all our customers
there is so much pain
and love out there
but let us focus on the love

***

Hannah said hello
told me I’ve created
a new vortex in Big Sky
I am changing people’s hearts

***

At the farmer’s market
the first person we ran into
wife died of ALS
we cried and cried
then we ran into Whitney’s mom
she has ALS but can still walk
but she can’t talk or  eat
she had a dry erase board
we wrote to each other

***

I am unable to use a muscle below my neck
When a fly or mosquito is on my face
I am helpless
I am dependent on others
to swat
people can do what they want
to me
Jackie washes my face
with a warm washcloth
I have itches
I get thirsty
with a line up of drinks
in front of me
I can’t drink one of them

***

I went swimming
yesterday at Spanish Peaks
it was an adventure
they had a handicap chair lift
I was strapped in the chair
let down into the pool

Jackie unstrapped me
then held me
as I floated
my first reaction was to
bawl my eyes out

then I calmed down
we put my arms on
two blue noodles

I swam with Jackie
holding me
my face shivering
my teeth chattering
until the sun warmed me

I swam for almost an hour
it felt good to be weightless
Jackie had a smile on her face
the entire time

she had her arms around me
holding me up
the entire time















4 comments:

  1. Water is the ultimate๐Ÿ’ง๐ŸŒˆ!!! I am helping a parapalegic so he can do a triathlon!!!! Humbled and inspired to do so. I swear I am a miss-placed mermaid!!!!! I smiled so very hard seeing you in the water๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒŠ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is very healing, you both look happy! I miss you all so much and hope I get to see you all soon, as beautiful as Hawaii is I miss my family and the beautiful mountains. Sending you love everyday!!!!XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so happy to see photos and hear about what you guys are doing. let us focus on the love

    ReplyDelete