Saturday, June 25, 2011


I'm not sure where to begin... Maybe I should just share my traveling schedule since I returned from Micah's soccer tournament in Great Falls starting with the following Wednesday:

Wednesday 6/15/11: work at 6am, leave for Jackson, Wyoming to take Micah to ski camp at 1:30, arrive in Jackson at 5:15, hang out go to meeting, leave Jackson at 8pm and drive back to Big Sky.

Monday, 6/20: work at 6am, drive with Jackie through Yellowstone to pick up Micah in Jackson, leaving around 1:30, arrive for dinner around 5 pm, hang out turn around and drive back to Big Sky.

Tuesday, 6/21: work at 6am till about 3 pm, then off to Bozeman to see Howie play baseball, plus work chores, back to Big Sky late, ended up back at store, don't ask. Summer Solstice. It was a long day...

Thursday, 6/23: up at 5:30 am to take Andrew to freshman orientation at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Arrive at 12:30, for an afternoon of orientation.

Friday, 6/24: up at 7:30 for a full day of orientation. Drive back to Big Sky leaving around 5 pm, home by 11:00 pm. Back in my own bed for my first good nights sleep in forever.


Well that covers most of the driving, I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other round trips to Bozeman in there, but I do remember that last weekend which was father's day was a very mellow weekend at home where I practically did nothing, but hang out with Grandpa Stan and watch sports on t.v. especially the U.S. Open Golf Tournament.

Well, to say the least I'm tired. Lots of store openings in there as well. and phone calls. and texts, and dog walks, and feeding kids, and lots of hours working at the store and and and and to be honest I can't remember or don't want to remember...

Here's a poem I wrote at the beginning of Andrew's orientation:

"The Rehearsal"

6/23/11
University of Utah Parent Orientation, Room 2AB
(Andrew is downstairs for Student Orientation, Room 1AB)

and as we parted (student orientation vs. parent orientation)
he gently smirked and said "this is goodbye"

I smiled back and chuckled - "see you later"
and as I walked away
tears welled up in my eyes


Pictures from Micah's ski camp in the Tetons:








they were skiing up there somewhere...

Father's Day 2011







Notice the change in baseball jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment