Monday, May 30, 2011

Gone Fishing...

The river is high and green, but the last 2 days I've managed a hike down to the river with Buddy, where we caught some fish and spotted a couple of elk carcasses. Today we even saw a couple of beavers swimming quietly near one of their damns. Plus walking along the river as I approached this house made of branches up against a hole built into the river, I heard this big woosh, and loud noise, it had to be a beaver?! Not sure, but I always wondered about that spot...

Memorial Day weekend turned out to be mostly rainy, snowy, with a little bit of sun. Today I walked down to the river during some sunshine. Started catching fish as the rain came down, then it turned to sun again. Buddy does well. He was well trained by Murray. Haven't been taking Murray with me as I think it's too much for her, her hind legs and hips give her a hard time, so no Murray. So Buddy and I fished. Now back watching Mets game with Stan. A very mellow weekend... actually stayed in bed till after 10 am this morning... resting.



Buddy scopes things out

Buddy checking out the elk carcass, hardly eaten... yet...

a colorful rainbow trout...my biggest fish of the weekend...

the view of porcupine from the river.

view of our neigborhood from the river... our house is the first off white house from the left...




No comments:

Post a Comment