Friday, July 16, 2010


My picture of Stan and Jackie on Margy and Jim's porch
Stan tries to take one of Jackie and I...
Second try is much better...

The beautiful sky...


almost midnight. everyone asleep. andrew still out, hanging out with his summer girl. I was spinning all day. Started the day getting ideas for planning my trip to Israel... talked to the rabbi for an hour who gave me lots of good ideas, probably because I'm very receptive, but I'm spinning, too many ideas, too many things to do to see, and I keep forgetting this is supposed to be a vacation... after talking to the rabbi for an hour, I then spoke to my friend David who said he would pick me up at the airport, but the hotel I booked for the first few nights was too far away from his home, but it would work. We talked for at least 30 minutes I'm not sure about what, but really I need to take a chill pill and relax. Before I knew it I was still at home, had so much more e-mails to write, things to look into, but I needed to get to work. Howie woke up, but was needing time towake up. I headed to work. I got to work and jumped right in, I'm never happy at work, just busy, doing work that should be getting done by everyone else, but in my mind no one communicates and no one helps the other, it's a bit frustrating. If I didn't jump in and do the work I do, it would still get done, (slower less efficiently, but still done) and still nothing extra seems to get done, I have ideas I tell them what I want to do, but no one, but me ever makes things happen...am I shutting them down somehow? ugh... so I worked, putting boxes of produce away, helping with the Boar's Head delivery, helping, then I had to take Stan to his physical therapy appointment, which went well, wondering if his back hurts from the exercises he's been doing... then at 3 it was back at work, for almost 3 more hours, which was mostly because one of the credit card machines went down, which was because of an earlier power surge, which was because an ordering machine which uses the phone line, which connects to the fax machine, needed to be reset, but took me forever to figure out because who can remember all the things that are connected to different things that use the same phone line. The fax machine kept saying that the telephone extension was in use, but I couldn't figure out why, so I reset everything that I thought was connected to the phone line, but I forgot the denso machine which was connected to the phone line through the fax machine. A little complicated and crazy, but it took me like an hour to figure it out and I could easily have gone home without knowing about it because it appeared that my employees were trying to keep it a secret from me... (sounds like Andrew is home I hear car doors slamming, but no Andrew?) Anyhow it took me an hour and a couple of phone calls to the phone company, but I figured it out. Frustrating mostly because things like that are usually just up to me, no one else is either capable, or cares enough or willing to take on these trouble shooting projects...makes me feel needed I guess...

Andrew is home, pulling into the driveway, garage door opening, don't know what those car door noises were.

Anyhow I got home around 6 pm and we had dinner at Jim and Margy's. Jackie and I, Micah and Howie and Grandpa Stan. It was a great meal, great company, great conversation. Dad told me a story I never heard before, that when he was about 15 he introduced his best friend Bobby Buckley who he has known since he was 5 years old to Bobby's future wife. Arden was a cheerleader and he knew her because he knew everybody because he knew everybody because he was a smart ass, he had such a cute smile as he told me all this. Bobby wanted to meet her so he told Bobby he would introduce them and he did and the rest his history. Dad and Bobby have now known each other for over 75 years...

The night before, Thursday night we had an awesome meal with our good friends Debra and Ken and Ken's mom Helen who must be close to 90, still very much with it, vibrant and mentally totally with it. We had a blast talking religion, politics and spirituality. Ken had a very spiritual experience at Micah's Bar Mitzvah and had some questions that I don't think we answered, but we definitely puzzled over. Such is life...

At Jim and Margy's we took a few pictures of the sky and Stan tried to take a couple of pictures of Jackie and I. It was very cute.... I will put these on as soon as my battery is done charging...

A bit of the conversation over the last couple of nights at dinner has been about Micah's bar mitzvah and how it turned out so great. Jim even said, God must really like Micah, if you just go by the weather we had for the bar mitzvah weekend. Micah's weekend was book ended by 2 very cold and wet weekends, both the weekend before and the one after were much colder and wetter. We had an amazing double rainbow over Ramshorn/Porcupine on Wednesday night - the first night of the bar mitzvah festivities and the night before Micah's Bar Mitzvah the weather held up for our barbecue at the Half Moon and then starting around midnight it just poured until about 6am and then slowly the fog lifted and by 9 am when we started arriving to the chapel for the service the weather was extraordinary. It was such a magical weekend from Wednesday through Sunday, actually the magic began even earlier with Lou and Josh's arrival and lasted for more than another week until all the out of towners left and actually is still going on.

It's like I've suddenly discovered Zen, or had the epiphany of Tao....

but then again planning this trip to Israel has me all tied up in knots...

and work still drives me crazy

But...

Life.

And this all reminds me of a funny thing I said to Lauren, yesterday, "I need to remember to order Christmas trees before I leave for Israel on August 12th..."


No comments:

Post a Comment