Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bicycling in Yellowstone






We biked today in Yellowstone National Park with the Wade Family plus Charlie. It was a cold, sunny and cloudy day. The park is closed to cars right now, hoping for snow for snowmobiling. We parked our cars near the entrance and then entered the park on Riverside trail, a trail that took us down to the Madison River. The trail had an inch or two of snow, but was easy riding. Rabbit tracks and coyote tracks. We saw an eagle over the river. It was good to be out, trying to squeeze in a little bit of fall before the snow hits hard. The river looked tempting, but I left my fishing gear in the car, pretty sure the park is closed to fishing till next May. At the very end of the bike ride, Howie and Jackson went ahead and waited for us by the park entrance. As Dan and I approached the entrance I could see the boys, and then I heard crying. Climbing around on the cement, Jackson slipped and fell and hit his head on a sharp metal corner. Thankfully he had his dirt bike helmet on and it saved him. There was a gash on the helmet, if he hadn't had the helmet on that gash would have seen his skull. After a few minutes he calmed down. He was O.K.. It was a beautiful day to be out, relaxing, and fun...

I haven't really been blogging lately. Was back east with my Dad for a week, I did keep a journal, I should write up a little summary with photos. I guess I could use the letter I wrote to my brothers that summarized my week. It turns out that I did retear my ACL. No more ACL, either I live the way I am or have surgery again. Been going to the boys basketball games, fun and exciting... and there's always work... and life at home...



No comments:

Post a Comment