Friday, September 23, 2011



I had this dream the other night: 

I was in the car, Jackie driving, boys with us, Andrew as well, we were parked outside the house in Hewlett, everyone getting in, we were heading to Pennsylvania because Andrew's professor had told him that he could turn his paper in late if he got it to him personally in Pennsylvania, so we were all going to help Andrew turn his college paper in to his professor in Pennsylvania.  I was in the back seat, behind Jackie. The phone rang, it was Uncle Howie, who I hadn't spoke to in a really long time (and I can't remember the last time I dreamt about him - probably years ago).  Uncle Howie had cancer which I knew about and I was asking him about.  Meanwhile Jackie is driving, the boys are talking, playing, it's very noisy. I ask him how he's doing, if he has to have chemo, how is he feeling, stuff like that.  He tells me, "Everything is just like you said it is."  He asks me when can we come and see him.  I'm trying to ask Jackie, but she is busy driving, or maybe now we are walking into a building looking for Andrew's professor. She answers me, maybe right now, as soon as we get this done.  I can't really get her attention, so I continue talking to Uncle Howie as we walk into this party of people and Andrew looks for his professor. I tell him maybe right now, but I'm not sure. We don't really have much to say to each other. I try to give the phone to Jackie, but just end up saying goodbye.  At the party everyone says they know Uncle Howie, but when I ask them questions about him, like where he grew up, no one knows... 

I guess that's about it.  It woke me up.  The part that kept reverberating in my head was the short conversation, and Uncle Howie telling me that everything was just the way I thought it was, that everything is just the way I say it is... some kind of reassurance that I'm doing things right... that things are the way I think they are, that things are going well, I'm doing O.K. despite the fact  that life around me is extremely busy and hectic...


Almost 3 weeks since I've blogged. Lots of daily activities, too much to report, too tired to report, but here is a short summary and some photos...

The Lone Peak Big Horns are now 2 - 2, winning their next 2 games,  and then losing tonight.  They are actually ranked 10th in the State!  The Ophir Miners middle school 6 man football team is 1 - 1.  Last Friday they won their first game 47 - 12!  Howie didn't play much, but on his first career play from scrimmage he carried the ball about 30 yards, breaking 3 tackles and scoring a touchdown!  Later on Howie told me, "that last guy who tried tackling me, all he did was push me forward and I just kept running!"  It was an exciting day, the boys played great!  Last Wednesday was their 2nd game in Twin Bridges and they lost 25 - 0. As it turns out, the Twin Bridges coach said Ophir was their toughest competition so far this year, and they are an 8 man football team that had one player over 6 feet tall!  Go Miners!

On Sunday Howie had soccer in town, and we bought Micah a memory foam mattress pad for his birthday..... 

Last Monday was Micah's 15th birthday and we had a great sushi and tempura dinner at home with Grandpa Stan and Patty.  I think Micah is now officially taller than me...  First days of autumn have been gorgeous.  We are still working a lot, planning for winter and working with the staff.  I have been able to do a bit of fishing, relaxing a bit and enjoying the outdoors.....

Howie, 3rd from the left stretching before the game...

Miners on the move. Howie in the middle...
 









The Lone Peak Big Horns! Recognize the waterboy?!

On their way to a touchdown and a victory!



Micah's birthday celebration!


YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment